Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Intro to Me

Well, here I am, starting a blog. It seems so odd that I don't know where to start considering I've been keeping running commentary on my life in the journals that are stashed under my bed for the last ten years, but when you know the whole world can read it, it's a little bit different. I guess I'll start with the easy stuff.
-I'm twenty five
-I still don't have this life thing figured out
-I have green eyes (duh)
-My parents are still married
-I'm divorced
-I swore when I got married it would be forever
-I have two younger brothers
-And a dog (who is better behaved, sometimes)
-I'm 5'9" which I've found is pretty tall for a girl
-I love Diet Coke
-And Lays Stax (sour cream and onion)
-And Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
-I was raised Catholic
-I love to sing (and I'm good at it....really, I swear)
-I LOVE kareoke
-I love country music
-And JaRule and Tupac and Poison
-I went to Catholic schools all my life
-I've been working on my associates for eight years
-Longer than my marriage...lol
-I am a good friend
-And I really like to talk
-When I get excited I tend to get loud
-But I'm a good listener too
-I like to read when I feel like my brain is going to mush
-I have my own house (where my brothers sleep on my couches)
-I pay my own bills
-"Women who pay thier own rent don't have to be nice." -Katherine Dunn -I love quotes
-I work two jobs because I have a shopping addiction
-I smoke a pack of Malboros a day
-But I'll quit someday
-I don't hate my ex-husband anymore
-I've been in love many times
-I didn't always stay that way
-I have three best friends
-I talk to them almost every day
-I see my parents every day
-I am finally learning to be who I am without feeling the need to apologize for it.
- I'm a Libra
-I'm a hopeless romantic
-I love to play poker
-Texas hold'em to be exact
-but I'm not so good at it some days
-I'm very emotional,
-but I like to call it passionate (sounds better)
-I used to really love to write and I'm just getting into it again.
-this year will be my first single Valetine's Day in four years
-I LOVE Christmas
-and I decorate the whole house
-Everything goes up the day after thanksgiving
-and comes down the day after Christmas
-I hate to do dishes
-I really hate to vaccuum
-I used to be a VERY picky eater when I was little
-But now I eat all kinds of weird things like brussel sprouts and artichokes and feta cheese
-I love tomatos but don't really like ketchup all that much
-except on Hardees curly fries
-I've waited tables since I was 18
-along with a full time job now
-I'm always really motivated at the beginning of things
-usually that motivation dwindles after the initial newness wears off
-I hate going to the dentist
-and am petrified of needles
-But I get a shot every three months
-I've never finished a bottle of medication in my life
-I'm extremely hard headed
-But very indecisive
-And a cock-eyed optimist
-I've been a Cubs fan since I was old enough to know who they were
-But I've never been to Wrigley Field
-I'm also a Disney freak
-Mostly Winnie the Pooh
-But I've never been to Disney World
-I jumped out of a plane at 14,000 ft.
-But I wouldn't bungee jump if you paid me
-I sleep on my side
-and have six pillows on my bed at all times
-I fall asleep to CMT every night


And, on that note, I'm done for today. See, I can only write when I'm at my day job and have a connection to the web, and it's time to go home, change, and go to the night job. I'm sure you'll get to know me lots better, but for now, TTFN. Love, Me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home