Thursday, February 17, 2005

Well, the sun is finally shining

Well, the sun is finally shining again. It's been hiding for a few days, and when it's as cold as it is now, the greyness makes it miserable. But, today, the sun is out (it's still cold), but at least the sky is blue and it gives me some hope that spring is on its way.
On that note, I have some good news to report. We have the car situation cleared up. I got myself a new Explorer (4x4 V8) and the first car payment I've had in three years. It was a day of mixed emotions. Don't get me wrong. I love the SUV, and the thought of being able to go muddin' if the urge should ever strike me, but I don't know about the car payment thing. It's just so unnecessary. It's not much though, so I think I can swing it. At least I'm not worried how I'm going to get from home to work and work to school anymore. Thank heavens.
Valentine's Day ended up being very uneventful. I went to school, and the day remained pretty much sucky overall. No cards in the mailbox or flowers on my doorstep, but whatever. Like I said, it's all one big conspiracy dreamed up by our government and Hallmark anyway. I should be proud of myself for having absolutely no part in the ridiculous consumerism. I feel like a protestor standing on the steps of the state house....or, um, something like that.
School, by the way is going exceptionally well. I'm three weeks ahead of schedule in one class, and the other one, well, I'm on schedule and that's all that matters.
I did miss out on my regular Wednesday kareoke outing because I got off work late and was worn out, but it's okay too because the ex works at the bar where they have it, and we haven't talked in over a week, so PPPTTTTT to him. I didn't want to have to go down there and see him anyway, but I do ocassionally because otherwise, I'd have to find a new place to sing.
I don't know what his deal is. He says "I want to be friends". Yeah, right. We all know what that means. At least I thought I did and that's why I stopped talking to him, then when I don't, I get text messages at 5:00 in the morning saying "Thanks for saying hi". Whatever. Guys are so dumb. If you don't want to be with me, then don't expect me to devote any attention to you. Either that, or make up your damn mind. Anyway, I guess that's enough incessant rambling for on day. I'll catch you later when there's something more interesting to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home