Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The birthday and the lesbian (and the cute gay guy)...

Okay, so last night I went to sing karaoke. On a Monday you say. I thought that was Wednesday. Well, yes, it is, normally, but I had to start somewhere. I was sitting at home getting ready to go to class and I remembered that it was the 21st, which of course, is the day before the 22nd. The 22nd being the MOMD’s birthday. So, I text him an early Feliz Cumpleanos (Happy Birthday for those of you who didn’t take four years of Spanish in high school and only have about six phrases to show for it), in the unlikely case that I would have so much going on today that I forget….yeah, yeah, I know, not likely. Anyway, I go rescue one of my cullinarily challenged friends from a near chicken disaster, go to class, and end up back at home on my couch when my phone lights up. Dum, dum, duummmm. A text message. He actually had the time to say thanx (Amazing because sometimes I wonder if he knows how to type) and ask if I was going to sing. Well, of course, but it’s not Wednesday (see, it threw me off too). After a brief explanation that Tracey (my favorite karaoke chic/hair stylist) is there on Monday too, I did.
I went and sang and had fun with my most FAVORITEST lesbian in the whole world. I know you’re probably scratching your head and asking “what does a lesbian have to do with that story?” My friend Mitzy (aka “the lesbian”) is probably the only person who reads this blog, other than me and maybe my best friend in Oklahoma, and she was very surprised to see that I hadn’t mentioned “the lesbian” before. I think she thinks that most people find it an extraordinary experience (knowing a homosexual, I mean), but after all, we do live in a semi-large, kinda smallish Midwest town, so for some people, it is. For me, she’s just a cool chic and one of the few people that I actually like to hear sing karaoke. Besides that, she’s a nut. So, Mitzy, here ya go babe. You have now been immortalized as my friend on the World Wide Web. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause…..lol.
Anyway, so I hung out with MOMD for a bit, sang a few songs, showed off my new car, made some plans with a “car guy” I know for prettifying it and met a really cute gay guy from St. Louis who looked a lot like…oh, who is that guy…..brain fart……oh yeah, Enrique Iglesias. He was cute. Then, I went home long after I wanted to be in bed and finally crashed. And believe me, this morning I’m paying for it. Two cups of coffee in twenty minutes and it’s not kicking in yet. So, the moral of the story? Hell, I don’t know. I already told you the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet and you expect me to come up with a moral for that shit. Nope. Not gonna happen, but I hope it at least made you smile, and if it didn’t, go watch a Larry the Cable Guy or something, because I have work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home