Monday, June 13, 2005

My garbage man is my favorite guy in the world.


Okay, so you caught me, he's more than my garbage man. He's one of my best friends and he has been for oh, I don't know, about six or seven years or so. Give or take a few for the three years in between that I was with stupid (the evil ex-husband) and had to refrain from talking to him because of the accusations that would have started flying. The funny thing is that I actually met him because he was friends with my ex; was being the key word in there. Anyway, enough of that. I love him. Not I'm-gonna-marry-him-and-have-his-kids love him, but I-would-do-anything-to-help-him-out-of-a-hard-time-because-he'd-do-it-for-me love him. A let's-go-have-a-beer-and-watch-the-game-because-it's-Sunday-and-we-can love. You get the picture. BUT....(and there always is isn't there?)....we walk a really fine line.
Have you ever seen when Harry Met Sally? Well, in case you haven't let me tell you Harry's theory (because it is of course one of my all time favorite movies ever and if you haven't seen it, you should go out and rent it RIGHTTHISMINUTE!!!!!). Harry's theory is that a man and a woman cannot be friends because the guy is always thinking about having sex with the chic and it can't ever work. I myself have always personally discounted that theory because I have a multitude of guy friends who, under no circumstance including the obliteration of every other person in the world, would ever sleep with me and this is fine and dandy with me because chances are pretty good that even if the survival of the human race depended on it, I still wouldn't sleep with them, but Kieth isn't one of those guys.
Don't get me wrong, we've always been attracted to each other, and we've even kissed....no, made out I'd say, on more than one occassion (a long time ago.....so long in fact, I don't even think it even counts anymore), but, I don't know. It's so wierd even I can't describe it. I'll try. I'm searching for the words as we speak. I would say star-crossed lovers, but we're not and under no circumstances will ever be, lovers, so that's not right. I would say we are each other's "what ifs", but that's not right either.
He is a guy that treats me like one of the guys, but knows that I'm a girlie girl and doesn't give me shit about it. He's also a great ego boost when I'm down and out because he always makes sure to tell me I'm "smokin'" and continually tells me that I am the coolest chic he knows (who can blame him really...lol). We'll joke around about how someday we're gonna "hook up" but we both know that it'll never happen. I'm the one that he bitches to about his girlfriend (who I have to say for the record I love! She is SO much better than the last long-term one who was a psychotic, jealous she-devil) and he's the one that I bitch to when the boys in my life (ie. brothers, dad, MOMD, current flings) are acting like......well, boys. We have the perfect guy-girl relationship and I think that after six or seven years of flirting and dancing around the idea of hooking up, that it's way better this way. And it is.
He's never gonna get married and I'm gonna have my happily ever after someday. We have totally different philosophies on life. He's been engaged twice and I've been married once. Between us, we can drink a case of beer, and someday, he's going to get me interested in racing, but for the time being, I'm perfectly content to sit at the shop while he works on his stock car and give him shit about taking longer to get ready than I do. It's a beautiful thing we have going on, and I just wanted to say so, out loud, into cyberspace, for all to see. I appreciate him more than any other guy I know right now (that excludes my dad, but definitely includes my brothers)and am so glad that we found each other. Not just because he picks up my trash either. I guess that's one of the good things I got from the ex-asshole. A best friend. And to think, all of this gushing was brought on by a few beers, a Cubs game, and a game or two of really badly played pool. Hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home