Thursday, May 19, 2005

Not bad, but chewy.....

I swear that I will never understand boys. I say boys because “men” per say are easier to understand. They are very direct about what they want and they don’t play all these stupid games that you get when you deal with someone with the emotional mentality of an eleven year old. Now, with that said, I’ll fill ya in on what’s been going on. Saturday at 12:08 AM, I got a text message from MOMD, saying “I may be coming back soon.” That’s it…no explanations, no reasons why, no nothing. After a couple of text messages and voice mails over the next few days with no response, I’m chalking it up to a fight on a drunk night, but I still don’t understand what it was all about. First of all, we haven’t talked for over two months. He left and didn’t even bother to tell me that he was going, so why on earth, would he tell me he may be coming back. He knew the shitstorm it would start, and under normal circumstances, he wouldn’t want to deal with it, so why text?
Now, believe me, I have analyzed the situation every which way from Sunday, and the reasoning that he was drunk and pissed at her is the only thing that even remotely makes any sense. This being because; A. if he weren’t coming back, he wouldn’t want to get me all worked up, so he wouldn’t write it; B. if he were coming back, he would answer his phone, or return a girl’s calls; and then there’s C. he is a dumbass and doesn’t make any sense, so analyzing the situation won’t help. I just don’t get it. The “fight” that I’m assuming took place had to be pretty bad for him to tell me he was coming home because I can pretty much assure you that I am the last person he wants to tell he’s coming home. Pretty much because then he’ll have to admit that he was wrong and he would have saved so much money if we would have just gotten back together and stayed here. He hates to be wrong just as much (if not more) as I do.
I guess all I can do now is what I’ve been doing for the last month or so; getting on with getting over us. It’s not that hard when I put my mind to it. I just immersed myself in homework (which there is no shortage of, believe you me) and started doing some new things. I’m playing co-ed sand volleyball on Tuesday nights now which I absolutely LOVE! It is so much fun. We finally won our first game this Tuesday. GO SHAG-NASTIES!!!! It’s a rag-tag team, and we're not that great, but we drink an lot of beer and have a lot of fun, so who cares. That's all that matters, right? It even counts as exercise. YAY! Like I was saying. The first couple days with no response were pretty hard on me because the idea of him coming home and things going back to the way they were was great, but then he didn’t respond t anything, so it sucked. I was confused and frustrated (for those of you paying attention, yes, I’m using his infamous line here) and just generally pissed off because I hadn’t thought about him in quite a while and then, not so much unlike my ex-husband, he pops back into my life when I least expect it and screws everything I’ve been working towards up. Damn men.
On another, yet related note. Tasha (hopefully my future sister-in-law if I can come up with enough bride money) and I went out to dinner at Tiramisu last night and it was awesome. We have come to the conclusion that we do not need men as long as there is good food in the world. Although, there is something to be said for men who buy you good food, and men who can cook (and do dishes because we all know I hate doing dishes). And now feels like a good time to insert my friend Jean’s best words of wisdom
~ Men are like food; it’s a love hate relationship, but you’ve still gotta eat.
Anyway, back to the restaurant. I’m determined to broaden Tasha’s horizons. She’s from a town of like 300 people and she doesn’t eat anything. Here’s a short list of some of the things that se doesn’t eat:
-Steak (???? Still baffles me…she eats hamburger…doesn’t make any sense)
-Salad…..because it’s crunchy
-Anything green….unless it’s artificially colored of course, so that rules out most of your healthy vegetables.
So, what do I do? I take her to an Italian restaurant and make her eat fried calamari. For those of you who aren’t familiar….it’s squid. She totally guessed (wrongly) all the way there what it was and when I finally told her, it was at the table. I had to. She could’ve guessed by then anyway…she was looking at it. Anyway….it was priceless. I’ve never seen anything funnier than the faces she made when she ate it. She was worried it was going to grab her tongue…. Yeah, I know, you're rolling your eyes, but you just have to know her. It’s really cute. So, her comments on it…”It’s chewy. Not bad, but chewy.” So, I felt victorious. I got the world pickiest eater to eat squid. I am woman…hear me roar, or some such shit like that. Anyway, enough rambling. I have got to get back to work, but I promise I’ll update more from now on. Pinky swear. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home