Thursday, March 31, 2005

Another Weird Phonecall

So, I'm sitting at work this morning and my phone rings, and who is it? My ex-mother-in-law, of course. That's right, my ex-husband's mother was calling. Evidentally, she's coming in town on Saturday from Columbia (the city, not the country) and wants to see her grandchildren, so she called me. Wierd?...no, not if I haven't told you that the kids aren't mine. That's right, the XMIL called me to find out if she can see her grandchildren that are no blood relation to me. And I think my family's fucked-up.
Anyway, so I told her that I didn't know if I'd see them because her son (my lying cheating asshole of an ex-husband, and yes I told her that) may have them. Nope! Of course not. He's just their dad, but he hasn't taken them in over a month because he has better things (read...drugs) to do with his time, I guess. On the other hand, I have them at least once a week most weeks and we're tight. They're awesome kids. I have to pick them up from daycare today, in fact.
Sorry, I'll try to stay on track now....no more tangents. In the end, we decided that her and her new boyfriend (okay maybe one more tangent....she's actaully married right now, for the second time to her second husband, but they are about to get re-divorced because for some reason, they've decided after a whole two weeks of re-marital bliss that they don't work well together. He has been married 19 times total to 16 women, and she wonders why it was destined to fail.....sorry again.) So, her and the new boyfriend are coming to town and we're having a picnic lunch in the park that's two blocks from my house with the kids. Yay!
Don't get me wrong, I love her to death, I really do. After all, she was the first person to tell me that I shouldn't marry him and that he was screwed up. In all fairness, she did try to warn me. She is also the woman who lived with us for a few months berfore her last divorce from her current husband. Likewise, she is the woman who sat up with me at night and listened to me cry about her son, told me it would be ok, and said that no matter what I'd always be her favorite daughter (and NO, I'm not her only one). BUT, I have to say that the mental disorders run in the family because she is just as scandalous as her son sometimes. BUT again, I love her. We have fun. We talk about all the people that we don't like because they make our lives hell and we sing kareoke, and we laugh non-stop, so I think that a Saturday afternoon with my XMIL and ex's kids will probably be the highlite of my weekend. Except the Sunday night poker game, of course.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Thanx for stopping in. I've been pretty busy with school for a while and things have been boring, but it knida makes you feel good when someone takes the time to read what you write.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home