Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Just another morning...sort of

So I started doing pilates. Yup, me, working out. I know it’s hard to believe but I decided that I’m single and summer is coming and that little bit of belly-pudge I’ve been harboring for the last few years needs to go away. I have real issues with it because if you would have asked me what my favorite body parts were when I was 21, I would have said my eyes and my stomach. Not so much anymore. It’s not that I’m fat, or even slightly overweight.....just a little smooshier than I used to be. So, again, I started pilates and you know what, they’re not that bad. I did one workout last night and I could still get out of bed this morning without assistance. Then, I did another 20 minute session this morning before I took a shower. I think that if I get up twenty minutes early and do a workout every day, I should have my old stomach back by mid-May. I’m really super excited. I miss my belly-button-baring shirts. Who knows, I may even get ambitious and join a gym like I’ve been saying I’m going to do for a little over a year now and after that, I might (and I highly emphasize the word might) even quit smoking. Then I’ll just bring about world peace, abolish hunger, and find a cure for AIDS. (Can you tell I got out of bed motivated today?)
So, feeling all stretched out and healthy this morning I left for work and discovered that my dog (aka. The Dumbest Dog on the Face of the Planet) had herself completely and utterly tangled up on the patio. So what do I do? Take her off her chain to untangle it and proceed to chase her around the neighborhood for fifteen minutes in heels, of course. It’s a good thing that the people a few houses down have a male dog because otherwise I don’t think I ever would have caught her, because evidently, the chain attached to her collar is also attached to her ears. When it comes off, she’s deaf. Evidently. So, needless to say, that was fun.
On the school front, things are going along swimmingly. I’m getting A’s in both of my classes and am already half-way through my computer class. That brings us to the sign-up for summer semester… I’m kinda ticked about that whole situation. First of all I, being that procrastinator I am, saved all of my (icky) science classes for last (big error in judgement six years ago on my part) so now I have two to knock out in the three semesters I have planned that it's going to take me to finish my degree. It wouldn't take nearly as long to finish this shit if I wasn't working two jobs, but I guess that's the price I'll pay for not getting it taken care of when I was supposed to........six years ago. Then, back when I was classified and a “student”, I tried to skip over an intermediate algebra class that was recommended and go straight to statistics (b/c my ACT and high school GPA were high and they said I could..ppttttt) and bombed horribly…twice. The whole reason behind not wanting to take this algebra class was because it doesn’t count towards anything. It doesn’t transfer, so my rational was why waste time on a class that I really won't even get credit for? Well, this summer I will be wasting time one night a week taking a class that won’t transfer. I guess I had to do it sooner or later, but damn, I really didn’t want to. So, those are my school gripes…..which reminds me…

Missy’s Useless Trivia of the Day

What is the largest crop in the world?

Give up?

Grapes. Isn’t that funny? It was the trivia question on the morning news this morning and I never would have guessed.

Okay, I guess now that you’re leaving a little bit smarter than when you came, my job is done. Hope everyone has a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home