Monday, March 07, 2005

The Man of My Dreams Who Wasn't....

What a weekend! I cleaned my house…and did my laundry. HUGE feat, really, you have no idea (I think that all of my dirty clothes got together, multiplied, and were planning a coup against me in my laundry room). I also found out something that was a big eye opener. I think that everyone on the face of the planet has had one of these experiences, or at least they should because it forces you to reevaluate situations and reconstruct opinions, and basically leaves you feeling like shit, but a little bit smarter for next time. The experience I’m speaking of is when you think someone is one thing, and of this you are convinced, and then, out of nowhere, you’re blindsided by the realization that you were wrong. Yes, this is me saying that I was wrong, although if anyone I know should happen to confront me with this little tidbit of wrongness, I will delete this post and deny, deny, deny (as it is genetic in my family that we are always right). Not that this hasn’t happened before (my ex-husband being a great example), but this time I was sure that I was right about him.
Now, I’ll tell you what I got blind-sided with….the condensed version. MOMD is not the perfect specimen of a man to whom I will compare all other guys I will date for the rest of my life. Nope. Not anymore. It was a real disappointment. I’m not going to go into detail about the whole situation, but let’s just say that he is just like every other man I have ever met. He has the capacity to lie and bend the truth and hide things and in general act badly; and would you believe that I actually defended him to other people. All of the people that said “He’s conceited, he’s a cocky prick.” I defended him. I stood up for him and I told them that there is a whole other side that they don’t see. I honestly believed that. Now I think that maybe the other side that I saw was just an act. A farce. A really good show put on by the best of actors, and frankly, it’s a little difficult to wrap my mind around. I’m kind of in shock. I think it was that coupled with the info that he’s packing away the Navy thing (which has been his dream forever) and moving to Texas to be with….yup, you guessed it…Texas chic, of course. It’s not so much that he’s moving to be with her that bothers me…it’s the fact that he’s giving up his dreams for her. I never pegged him as the type of guy that would sell out his dreams for someone else. All I can say is that it’s a really big disappointment. There are really no other words to describe it adequately and disappointed really isn’t strong enough.
Other than that, this weekend was a good one. I went out with one of my girls and cute-boy-in-my-computer-class was out with a guy I happen to know, so at least I had someone cute to look at while I was throwin’ em back. That and the ex-husband’s kids (yeah…we’re not gonna go into that one yet) came over and hung out while their mom worked. We made grilled ham & cheese sandwiches and they rode their bikes and we watched Lizzie McGuire all afternoon. It was fun. I love it when they come to visit because they are the coolest kids in the entire world. They really ground me. They always seem to give me some funny sense of stability as weird as it sounds. Anyway, I’m going to start gushing if I don’t stop now, so I’ll spare you for now. You’re so lucky. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home