Friday, February 20, 2009

Or Maybe I'll Forget About it for Two Years....

Darn it!

I was sitting at my desk on a lazy Friday afternoon trying to fill out the last hour of my day by reading a blog that I used to frequent daily and it reminded me that I had one of my one that has been sorely neglected for quite some time. So much so in fact, that it's hard for me to believe that I was the person who authored those posts. So much has happened (some bad, but mostly good) since then that it seems like eons ago that I was pining over Man Of My Dreams (MOMD); who has since turned out to be a really close friend, but definitely not the one I've been dreaming of. The short list of points is as follows:

- I've quit smoking (going on 3 years now)
- I've bought my second house (investment property)
- I've landed a great job
- I finished my AA and have moved on to my BA (I've even almost finished a school year in one calendar year).
- I now own a second dog who, along with the first, also destroys countless possessions, although not as frequently because the kennel turned out to be a great purchase :0)
- I finally realized that the real Man of My Dreams (Dan) had been part of my life since I was 17 and we finally got our timing right in March of last year.
- I did get my real estate license and have been selling houses for almost 2 years.
- MOMD and I are now flipping houses too.

These last two years have been a wild ride. I can't believe how far I've come. I've learned so much...felt so much...and grown so much. I feel like I have a lot more to share now than just stories about my love life or lack thereof. I sincerely hope that I will remember that I have this space. My little spot on the web. And that I use it as an outlet and a sounding board and a reflecting pool more often. Being a person with a "bias towards action" (as my boss calls me), one of the hardest things for me to do is to slow down, put down the list, and reflect on things. So, that's what I intend to do here. Reflect. Analyze. Ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home