Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Jaded

Ya know, I've never actually looked up the word jaded in the dictionary and I am going to use it today, so I thought maybe I should. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what it meant, but I had to check and make sure. Just for the record it means exhausted or cynical. Now, the reason for using the word.....
That guy, you know, the one that was FKA MOMD, and I talked Monday night. It had been exactly a year since I stumbled across him after the fireworks down by the riverfront, and he remembered, surprisingly. Anyway, we talked a lot that night. About Texas and, of course, Texas chic, and him and what's been going on and let me say that it took me a year, but after that night, I am SO over it. I had thought that I was before, but now I know with a certainty that there will be no more MOMDs talk until I find a new one. And that, my friends is why I looked up the word. He is definitely jaded. He is not at all the same person that I met a year ago and I don't like it.
For example....he was talking about how rough he's had it the past year...ya know, broke off an engagement to a girl that he couldn't stand, got his heart broken for the first time (he attributes that one to me), and moved to Texas to live with an alcoholic, jeaslous, psycho woman that he barely knew. Now, all in all, in my opinion, he hasn't had it real rough, but he really had the balls to say "You go through what I've been through the last year and then tell me how you feel." OMG! Are you kidding me? Try finding out that the love of your life (and husband who swore to be with you until death do you part) is cheating on you with an ugly girl with a big fat settlement. Then, recovering from that financial train wreck that was my life, and living with your yonger brothers. Are you serious? You try on my size nines and then tell me. So, now he hates all women. He has decided that unless they're family or married, or siginifcantly othered, he just doesn't like them. I'd say that fits in well with the whole idea of jaded. I was just shocked. Maybe he wasn't exactly who I thought he was. Maybe I gave him more credit than I should have. Maybe I wanted him to be the way I thought he was so badly, it was just me who saw it. I don't know, but whatever it was, I'm done. Don't have time for all that. I'm a busy girl with places to go and people to see and if he wants to stay stuck in the past, cryin over "what's been done to him" then he can be there alone. I've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and burnt it. But in the end I'm not going back and at least I know that "jaded" doesn't fit me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home